The Square de la Mairie

Place de la Mairie

14800 DEAUVILLE

The Town Hall was built in 1880, following the plans of architect Saintin from Versailles, who proposed a Beaux-Arts-style building, set up in the middle of a fenced garden. After the Second World War, the municipality, wanting to adapt this area to the regional identity of the seaside resort, entrusted its "normandisation" to architect Albert Guy. These changes were associated with the reconstruction of the east wing, a polygonal stairway turret and the transformation of the destroyed enclosed area into a square.