Item Title: 
1914 > 1919
Item Text: 

1914 > 1919

Item Image: 
Open Item Text: 

In 1914, the orphanage became an auxiliary hospital. The main facilities were funded by the Croix-Rouge and by some donations. After caring for more than one thousand injured patients, the hospital shut down on the 1st of January 1919 and this structure regained its function of orphanage. The surplus of medical material belonging to the Croix-Rouge was used by the local committee to found a clinic.