Place Louis Armand

14800 DEAUVILLE

Often compared to the Pointe Noire railway station in Congo, the Deauville-Trouville station was designed by the same architect - Jean Philippot – in 1931.

Shared by Deauville and Trouville, it is the terminal station of a U-shaped network. It was built using local materials (bricks, Bavent tiles) and half-timbering structures, thus preserving the Normand style, but it is also quite modern, as confirmed by its volumes – the semi-cylindrical hall - and the use of concrete.

It is worth noting its details:
-two frescos made by Louis Houpin, one representing the plan of Deauville-Trouville, the other a map of Normandy;
-red and yellow cobblestones and street lamps on the platforms.

gare_deauville©EParker