Front de mer
Estuaire de la Touques

14800 DEAUVILLE

To facilitate the access to its stranding port, the City of Deauville built in 1846 (several years before the foundation of the City) two squared-oak jetties, intended to channel the water flow. Works were partially funded by sailors’ and Trouville inhabitants’ voluntary contributions.

Two sets of traffic lights were situated at the end of each jetty to indicate the entrance to the channel.
Bombed during the Second World War, the West and East jetties were respectively rebuilt in 1952 and 1963.

jetées© Béatrice Augier